Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Bronchitis for Ganoderma Lucidum
Ganoderma Lucidum can enhance immune function, protect respiratory mucosal epithelial cells, inhibit allergic reaction and other mechanisms, enhance the patient’s anti-infective immunity, thereby alleviating the symptoms of chronic bronchitis patients, reduce attacks, and even recover.
Chronic bronchitis is a common and frequently-occurring disease. The main symptoms are cough, white mucus sputum and yellow sputum when accompanied by bacterial infection. The course of disease is long and recurrence is easy in winter. The causes of the disease are mostly due to smoking, cold, cold, inhalation of dust, allergy, climate change, air pollution and other stimuli, so that the mucosa of trachea and bronchi is constantly stimulated and gradually thickened and narrowed, the mucous glands of bronchial mucosa increase, resulting in a large amount of mucus, too much mucus blocked in the respiratory tract, becoming a hotbed for bacterial reproduction, which is very vulnerable to infection. Repeated infection can lead to permanent thickening of tracheobronchial mucosa and scarring, further destroying the lung structure. Chronic bronchitis can also be one of the main manifestations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Antitussive, antiasthmatic and expectorant drugs are commonly used in clinical symptomatic treatment. Anti-infective drugs should be used to control infection in acute episodes.
Curative effect of Ganoderma lucidum on chronic bronchitis
As early as the 1970s, Ganoderma lucidum preparation has been found to have a better therapeutic effect on chronic bronchitis and asthma. Its characteristics are as follows:
- According to the statistics of 1810 patients in 11 medical institutions, the total effective rate of Ganoderma lucidum in the treatment of chronic bronchitis can reach 97.6%, the lowest is 60.0%, mostly about 80%. Significant efficiency (including clinical control and short-term cure) fluctuated between 75.0% and 20.0%. The difference of curative effect among different units may be related to the different condition of the disease, the different dosage and course of treatment of Ganoderma lucidum.
- Curative effect appears slowly, mostly taking medicine for 1 to 2 weeks. It has good curative effect on cough, phlegm and asthma of chronic bronchitis, and prolonging the course of treatment can improve the curative effect of Ganoderma lucidum.
- Ganoderma lucidum preparation has no antimicrobial effect. When acute attack of chronic bronchitis or combined with other serious infections, the curative effect is poor. Effective antimicrobial drugs or antibiotics should be supplemented.
- The curative effect of TCM typing belongs to deficiency-cold type and phlegm-dampness type. Most of these patients show deficiency of body, fear of cold, cough, excessive phlegm and white phlegm. After medication, the patient’s physical strength increased, he was not easy to catch a cold, and the symptoms of cough, sputum and wheezing were significantly alleviated. The curative effect is poor for patients with pulmonary heat and dryness. Most of these patients have respiratory tract infection, cough, phlegm, yellow purulent sputum or dry cough without phlegm.
- Ganoderma lucidum preparation has obvious strong effect. The patients have improved sleep, increased appetite, enhanced cold resistance, energetic, fewer colds and so on.
- Ganoderma lucidum has few adverse reactions. According to the statistical data of 1810 patients with chronic bronchitis who used Ganoderma lucidum preparation, there were few adverse reactions during the use of Ganoderma lucidum preparation. Clinical tests also showed that Ganoderma lucidum had no significant toxic effects on heart, liver, kidney and other important organs. This is consistent with Ganoderma lucidum “Wenping non-toxic” in ancient books of traditional Chinese medicine. Very few patients after taking Ganoderma lucidum preparation, can see dizziness, dry mouth, nose and throat, stomach discomfort, constipation and other side effects. Generally, it is not necessary to stop taking the medicine, but it will disappear when the medicine is in the middle.
It can be seen from the above characteristics that the efficacy of Ganoderma lucidum in preventing chronic bronchitis is not a general symptomatic treatment, nor is it a direct anti-infective effect. How does its effect come into being?
Pharmacological studies show that Ganoderma lucidum can enhance the non-specific immune function of the body, such as promoting the proliferation, differentiation and function of dendritic cells, enhancing the phagocytosis of macrophages and natural killer cells (NK cells), and directly killing the cells and viruses invading human body. Ganoderma lucidum can also enhance humoral and cellular immune functions, such as promoting immunoglobulin production. More Scientific research and development for Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Bronchitis for Ganoderma Lucidum, please check here